"omg i hate small talk!!" like damn u must be so fucking annoying. its called being nice. if i was at a party and i was like "how r your classes going" and you were like "ugh lets skip that i KNOW u dont really CARE about my classes and i dont care about YOURS" i would log out of there so fucking fast
fun fact i do care about how my online buddies classes and days are going you and your lives are important to me
I wanted to make a simple gif of Howl and Sophie looking at the stars :), I really enjoyed making this tiny animation <3
Bearded Vultures (Korkeasaari zoo)
For a second I thought they were dromaeosaurs.
Good I thought it was just me
I wanted to try animating linelessly. (I also wanted an excuse to take a break from animating my film character for a few hours…)
dude some people right. they think they own the world.. :\
you fuck with me you fuck with my friends and this one’s vicious she’ll rip off your face and not even care. complete truth i saw it myself
what’s funny is they want to know if i have and it’s like wow who made you the nsa
is this the same anon that was severely confused about who i was
cause i still don’t understand you..?
why do you even need to know that? is it honestly going to effect your life in any positive way to know the answer to that? is the fact that i’m an enigma too much for you. it has to be, i’m /obviously/ such an enigma.
or maybe you’re smart and trying to pry into my inner life with your exceedingly personal questions. or maybe i’m giving you too much credit.
forbidden from one another
a war divides their people
and a mountain divides them apart
build a path to be together
yeah i forget the next couple lines but then it goes
THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS
SECRET SECRET SECRET SECRET TUNNEL
hyenas, terrifying and excellently organized predators of the savannah
also surprisingly docile and like neck scritches and have a tail chasing compulsion
if you don’t think hyenas are great then you’re objectively wrong
Aaaahhh, I love hyenas. :D
Hyenas: Always getting a bad rap because lions are jerks. Lions actually steal from hyenas most of the time because hyenas are the better predators — but they’re also very skittish when faced with a giant pride of cats. Adorable babies!
Okay, lemme tell you about spotted hyenas, aka the BAMFiest BAMFs in the animal kingdom.
- Their societies are entirely female-dominated. Female hyenas are larger and stronger than males and have higher social status in clan hierarchy - even the lowest-ranking female in a hyena clan is higher up the social ladder than the highest-ranking male. They’re basically the Amazons of the animal world. The females even have false penis-like appendages (which are essentially large clitorises), which led the ancient Greeks to think that hyenas were hermaphrodites. Because fuck your narrow human perceptions of sex and gender roles, that’s why.
- They are considered the dominant predators of the African savannah, despite not being the largest or strongest, because they are the most successful hunters. Their hunting success rate is estimated to be about 70-80%, meaning that they catch about 70-80% of prey they pursue - a freakishly high statistic (to compare, the success rate of lions and wolves is about 20-30%). They also scavenge much less than lions do, as whowasntthere said, and are incredibly adaptable and opportunistic predators, meaning that they are also the most common and widespread of the large African carnivores. That’s not too bad for an animal typecast as a lazy scavenger.
- Their jaws are some of the strongest in the animal kingdom, stronger than those of lions, tigers, wolves or perhaps bears, and can crush elephant and giraffe bones; hyenas are also able to digest all bone matter. Don’t tell me that’s not metal as fuck.
- Despite looking like dogs, they are not part of the dog family and are actually more closely related to cats. Because fuck your logic. Nature does what it wants.
- They are incredibly intelligent. They are easily as intelligent as primates and some scientists claim that their intelligence may even rival that of the great apes, which would make them among the most intelligent animals in the world. Hyenas even outperform chimpanzees on some tests, which is pretty damn awesome, considering that chimpanzees are our closest relatives and all.
So yeah, basically hyenas are awesome and badass as well as truly fascinating animals and if you don’t have at least a bit of respect for them you’re wrong.
- 2005 Major alterations to the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) saw the College Board removed portions of the verbal section that had traditionally proven difficult for some students. The Board also added an 800-point essay segment to the exam, giving it a new total point value of 2400.
- 2016 A…
Andy Goldsworthy’s art